Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-23-2015, 10:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_coot88 View Post
Learn sumpthin' new every day seems like. I never before seen a radio with this tube lineup using an ED speaker. Had to look it up. Sure enuff, tis true. And it shows the alternate (standard) layout using a permanent magnet speaker (and higher value filter caps).
http://www.nostalgiaair.org/pagesbym...1/M0003211.pdf
Yeah it shows a Permanant Magnant Speaker as being the default wiring of the speaker set up, and I think my radio has a permanant Magnet Speaker in it currently (I just got the wording mixed up) so I think my radio should already be setup for a permanent magnet speaker, all I have to do is just get another one (salvage the one from the aforementioned junk 8-track player) and I should be all set.
Old 07-23-2015, 10:35 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_coot88 View Post
Learn sumpthin' new every day seems like. I never before seen a radio with this tube lineup using an ED speaker. Had to look it up. Sure enuff, tis true. And it shows the alternate (standard) layout using a permanent magnet speaker (and higher value filter caps).
http://www.nostalgiaair.org/pagesbym...1/M0003211.pdf
I looked my Crosley. A model D10WE. It has a fancier cabinet and a pointer dial. This is the one with the field coil speaker. Another strange thing is that it has the standard miniture tube line-up, 12BE6, 12BA6, 50C5 and 35W4, but the 1st AF, detector is a 12SQ7GT with a shield. Go figure!
I have 3 Crosley radios with this line-up.
Old 07-23-2015, 11:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljeep View Post
I looked my Crosley. A model D10WE. It has a fancier cabinet and a pointer dial. This is the one with the field coil speaker. Another strange thing is that it has the standard miniture tube line-up, 12BE6, 12BA6, 50C5 and 35W4, but the 1st AF, detector is a 12SQ7GT with a shield. Go figure!
I have 3 Crosley radios with this line-up.
So by the looks of the schematic my radio is already set up to take a permanent magnet speaker (that's basically what's in there right now) so basically all I have to do is get the PM speaker out of that old junker 8-Track player and install it into my Crosley radio and it should be good to go without any sort of modification needing to be done to the radio.
Old 07-24-2015, 09:03 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainclock View Post
So by the looks of the schematic my radio is already set up to take a permanent magnet speaker (that's basically what's in there right now) so basically all I have to do is get the PM speaker out of that old junker 8-Track player and install it into my Crosley radio and it should be good to go without any sort of modification needing to be done to the radio.
That's exactly what I would do!
Old 07-24-2015, 12:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Thanks, for the help.

I'm actually trying to get around a few radios so that I can go into business with a local flea market that a good friend of mine runs that he told me he would help me sell some of my radios that I restore and then in turn I could have a repair shop inhouse with him where I would repair any old radios and record players that he gets so that he can sell them. I would be getting paid of course to do this.
Audiokarma
Old 07-24-2015, 08:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
I changed out the speaker on this radio and now it works perfectly! No buzzing or crackling noises out of the speaker.