Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Flat Panels & Digital Format

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2022, 05:26 PM
VideoKarma Member

Runco CW-61 Plasma, any Plasma techs?

So this Runco Plasma CW-61 I bought at an Estate Sale, I want it to run because it supports 240p upscaling, 4:3 and 3:2 & 16:9 aspect ratios.. from a gaming perspective I get a bunch of added features which aren't found in modern OLEDs or 4K TVs.

When I bought it, it powered On and worked but had snowflakes (sometimes red), I found a few bad caps on the power board and replaced them. I also replaced a few more components, and for some reason it didn't like the changes I made. I've reinstalled original components now, and can't find any errors on the power board.

I'd like to try and revive an issue which potentially could just involve resetting the TV with a special code. Currently the standby light goes from green to red constantly and doesn't stop. This started when I unplugged a SUS board to see if it was related to that problem. Since then I've had this flashing green/red error. The main power shows 64V on the 250V fuse, and afterwards there's very little power anywhere. I think there's some sort of safety choke in place to prevent damages, and some code would clear that.. at least that's what I've heard on the NEC 50XM5A, which shares the same main processor.

? I have already replaced most of the bad PSU caps as well as some other failing components. I think the failure occurred when I unplugged a SUS board from the PSU to test it with out it. I haven't had it running since.

Last edited by Slypty; 12-01-2022 at 11:19 AM.