Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Television Broadcast Theory

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-25-2013, 08:48 PM
<---WANTED: Motorola 17P6

Ah, C-band LOVED IT!! still got 2 dishes (10 and 8 ft) Used to be heavily into it and a regular on the satforums of the day.. Still got alot of sat parts and recievers lying around...

SR
Old 10-27-2013, 01:26 PM
Zenith Walton My 1st TV

We've had it here in DFW on 27.2 since Memorial day. They do run commercials. But they do not run the "bug" in the corner of the picture continuously. A big PLUS to me.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg movies-channel.sm.jpg (37.6 KB, 77 views)
Old 12-10-2013, 02:46 PM
VideoKarma Member

Over here I receive a few movie channels in OTA digital. However, the commercials are like PUNISHMENT for not subscribing to fios/cable/sat. Unbearable.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:24 PM
Zenith Walton My 1st TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobtubeman View Post
Ah, C-band LOVED IT!! still got 2 dishes (10 and 8 ft) Used to be heavily into it and a regular on the satforums of the day.. Still got alot of sat parts and recievers lying around...

SR
I still have my Oster juicer I bought from Shawn Kenny's Greensheet program, I think he was on one of the W5 transponders once a week. Dr. Gene Scott (Get On The Phone!) as I recall was on W5-1. My Winegard 10 ft dish is still hooked up to the General Instrument DSR922 IRD and fully functional C and Ku. Totally worthless! Amazed after I lost power for 10 hours last Friday it went through its warm-up mode and found the time (+ 1 hour and no way to manually set) on a remaining Digicipher channel.

Last edited by Ed in Tx; 12-10-2013 at 05:30 PM.
Old 12-18-2013, 05:45 PM
<---WANTED: Motorola 17P6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed in Tx View Post
I still have my Oster juicer I bought from Shawn Kenny's Greensheet program, I think he was on one of the W5 transponders once a week. Dr. Gene Scott (Get On The Phone!) as I recall was on W5-1. My Winegard 10 ft dish is still hooked up to the General Instrument DSR922 IRD and fully functional C and Ku. Totally worthless! Amazed after I lost power for 10 hours last Friday it went through its warm-up mode and found the time (+ 1 hour and no way to manually set) on a remaining Digicipher channel.
I feel your pain, i have 3 DSR-905s doing nothing but collecting dust these days. Not much left up there recieveable unless you have a DVB mpeg reciever hooked up.

And to make matters worse, there was a couple of months there where our southern countries were buying up our DSR 922s and 905s off ebay for $400 or better to recieve some of our programming. By the time i dug out my boxes to sell, the channels were gone and the market dried up...

I belong to a website called satforums.com where fellow Big dish owners gather to share ideas and information, It may be something you may want to look into to see whats left out there for your big dish...

SR
Audiokarma
Old 12-18-2013, 06:11 PM
Zenith Walton My 1st TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobtubeman View Post
... there was a couple of months there where our southern countries were buying up our DSR 922s and 905s off ebay for $400 or better to recieve some of our programming. By the time i dug out my boxes to sell, the channels were gone and the market dried up...

I belong to a website called satforums.com where fellow Big dish owners gather to share ideas and information, It may be something you may want to look into to see whats left out there for your big dish...

SR
I noticed that about a year ago, had been watching DSR922 listings going for almost nothing if selling at all, then they shot up $300-400 what the hell... by the time I researched what was going on the bottom fell out. Still got my mint condition HTS Tracker VIII IRD too. I will definitely check out that web site.