Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2004, 08:46 PM
VideoKarma Member

rca ctc-7 electronic restoration project

Got my order of new caps in from mouser on thrusday. Planned on spending friday night recapping the entire chassis. Figure I can stay up as long as I need, not to worry about work the next day.

I checked all the various brand of caps at mouser. Bought all sprague orange drops. Those caps are the best, never had trouble with them. Best of all, they are still made in USA! I want to keep all parts american if at all possible.

There was a total of exactly 50 wax caps and a few bb caps as well. Replaced 3 filter caps. What you see are the before and after pictures. After I reassebled the TV, I turned it on and had perfect results! Just needed a touch up of the vertical centering/size and lin. However, I encountered a new problem. The vertical centering pot is a 15ohm wire wound, and when I turned it, the contact arced and burnt the wire, so now the pot is open. I could try to solder a little blob to complete the circuit between the burnt windings, but I would rather find a new part as I dont like "jerryrigging" parts to make them work.
Other than that, it works well with a good solid sound, horizontal syncs well and color is great. Vertical hold aligns right in the mid range. Once i find a new vc pot, this set is ready for watching!

Last edited by drh4683; 11-30-2004 at 10:23 PM.