Go Back TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique phonographs

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2017, 04:57 PM
inthedirt inthedirt is offline
VideoKarma Member
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 4
Vm 1245/1266


Recently picked up an old Fisher console dug out of my grandparents basement. The TV and related wiring has been disposed of, but the tube amps, am/fm Hi-Fi, and turntable are still there. The original tube amps and speakers are also there. I know some of the tubes are clearly missing and I don't want to get into a rebuild on those right now. In the meantime, I've purchased a tube pre-amp for phono and a small SS amp to play through the speakers (2-10s, 2-4in mids, & 2-3in tweets).

My question is for all the VM experts: on the bottom of the player is a flat plug with 3 wires running to the tube amp. I need to know what these 3 wires actually do (red, black, & white). I have separate RCA connections for line out, so I'm guessing they are for power? Please advise.....I don't want to blow anything up! I ordered a service manual from The Voice of Music, but it doesn't specify the information I'm looking for. Thanks for helping.
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ęCopyright 2012, All rights reserved.