Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-2014, 06:40 AM
VideoKarma Member

Color issues in 1999 Toshiba

Hello All

My first post to the group. I feel more at home in the antique radio groups, as I have no experience working with televisions... yet.

My Toshiba cf27h40 has had some color issues for some time. It would take several minutes for the color to appear. Once there, everything was fine. Now the color will flash before it settles down. Sometimes it never settles down. Lately a couple of other things are happening. I've noticed the yellow RCA jack that gets the video signal is touchy. Tapping it causes the picture to break-up. Swapping the cable did nothing. And a thin white line hovers near the bottom few inches of the screen; but not always. And to complicate matters, last week everything worked perfectly. The video input still needs looking at, but the display worked great. Unfortunately, that didn't last.

My plan is to open this thing up, discharge the crt, (cautiously), remove the board and look for some cold solder joints. I would really like to keep this thing working; as I do with most things around my house. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.