Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > 21st Century Gaming

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2021, 05:58 PM
VideoKarma Member

My housemate's desktop has a noisy power supply

Greetings everyone, I had recently mentioned something in a thread in the antique radio section about noisy computer power supplies and how they make it nearly impossible to listen to AM radio in my house, well I fixed my desktop computer's noisy power supply issue, but still have an issue with my housemate's computer power supply.

I was curious but is it normal for a desktop computer power supply to be so noisy that it backfeeds that noise all the way out to the power lines? If not then is that a sign of a failing power supply or is that possibly an illegal power supply because its in violation of FCC part 15 rules regarding radiated RF Signals? If so should I tell my housemate he needs to get a new power supply for his computer because he's in violation of FCC Rules?

Any help in this matter would be appreciated because my housemate when he's not working spends 8-10 hours straight in front of his computer screen either gaming or watching anime or youtube videos/AMVs, and when his computer is on, I can't use any of my old AM radios to listen to some Oldies or talk radio shows on which is really annoying.

Thanks for your help in this matter.