Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > International Vintage Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-16-2018, 05:41 PM
I love old stuff

2 Japanese roundies

Here are 2 Japanese roundies from around 1961-1964. Used in some color experiments in Romania (there is an 1968 article from newspaper "Informaţia Bucureştului/The Infromation of Bucharest" - "Libertatea" since 22 Dec. 1989) about the color studio performing the experiments.
The "Hitachi" CT-150 haves and 21CYP22A "R.C.A." picture tube. The "Victor/J.V.C." I don't know. Last year they where behind some other stuff.
Proffesor Alexandru Spătaru, a pioneer of television in Romanian died in 2012. I thought that he dided before 1990. If I knew that he was still alive, I would have had ask him about the laboratory (by the time this aricle was posted on a forum, he was arelady dead).
The pictures of the sets where taken by me around year 2007.
What, the "Hitachi" CT-150 weights "only" 106 kilograms (223.68 pounds)? I thought it haves around 60 kilograms (132.27 pounds). http://www.earlytelevision.org/hitac...tv_unit_1.html

Last edited by Telecolor 3007; 01-16-2018 at 05:50 PM.
Old 01-16-2018, 07:38 PM
See yourself on Color TV!

Thanks for the post - very interesting.
Old 01-16-2018, 08:56 PM
VideoKarma Member

I really enjoyed looking at these. Was it common to see JVC & Hitachi electronics (black & white televisions or radios) in Romania in the 60's?
Old 01-17-2018, 12:21 AM
M is for Memory

Wow! What I would not give to have a Japanese roundy.

I wonder how many of those sets were made/survive today.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 01-17-2018, 04:28 AM
I love old stuff

I wish I got one too... I like me an roundie.
Probably not so many. I will try to traduce the name into Japanese to see if I got any result.
Later edit: here are some insides of the "Hitachi" (probably the version without loudspeakers incorporated): http://blog.goo.ne.jp/vrc-tezuka/e/2...a7abf7ce258a55
Yesterday the prime minister of Japan visited Romania. We should have had shown him the sets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgadow View Post
I really enjoyed looking at these. Was it common to see JVC & Hitachi electronics (black & white televisions or radios) in Romania in the 60's?
Not many. Romania was a communist country, so there wasn't so much import from Capitalist countries (but not 0, as many would be tempted to belive).
But some of the Romian tv sets assambled in Romanian (Romanians never manufactured electronic tubes (valves) and they made only black and white picture tubes - starting with 1970) had Japanese compoments ("Matsushita/National-Panasonic" and "Sanyo") - don't know if the pictures tubes, but the chassies shure where. I wonder if the 1st Romanian tv set with Japanese compoments (and the 4th Romanian tv set), the <<National>> V.S. 43-614 was named <<Naţional>> after the "National" brand.
It had an younger brother, <<Luchian>> V.S. 47-632 (model 2 from year 1963, 47 c.m.s. (18") picture tube diagonal).

Radios... the 1st romanian portable radio with F.M., <<Mamaia>> S651T (mamaia means "the grandma", but the sea side resort and the village have an different ethimology name - from Turkish) was in fact an "Hitachi" radio. Later they started using Romanian compoments. I got a mixed one: Japanese + Romaninan.
I heared there where some other small portable tranzistor radios with Japanese components.

Last edited by Telecolor 3007; 01-17-2018 at 09:05 PM.
Audiokarma
Old 01-17-2018, 08:51 PM
VideoKarma Member

Cool pictures, thanks for sharing them with us.