Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2019, 08:48 PM
VideoKarma Member

Just bought an Unknown Model Philco Tombstone

Hello everyone, tonight I just bought locally from Facebook Marketplace an unknown model Philco Multiband Tombtone radio that the cabinet is in pretty decent shape yet (although the finish could use a refresh with some Howard's Restore-A-Finish), that electrically is in unknown condition (although the owner claims it works as is, but I'm not going to trust someone's arbitrary opinion on the working condition of an 80+ year old Tombstone radio), it also appears to have Philco's famous "Shadow Meter" Tuning Meter, which I've always wanted one of those types of Philco radios but could never find one at a resonable price (they were usually at antique malls and where in unknown electrical condition and they usually wanted over $100 for them even though they were in unknown working working condition).

I'm going to be picking the radio up tomorrow afternoon, and I will be paying $75 for the radio.

I'm just curious as to whether or not anyone on here knows the model of the radio and whether or not I scored on this radio or not.

I'm planning on doing a complete electrical restore/alignment of the radio and refreshment of the cabinet's original finish.

Pictures of the radio in question posted below.

Last edited by vortalexfan; 12-08-2019 at 09:21 PM.