Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Introductions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2022, 01:41 PM
VideoKarma Member

Help on a 1977 RCA colortrak

Hello! It's my first time posting here so I hope I'm doing this right. I've been collecting vintage electronics since I was 15. Mainly televisions and radios from the 1950s to the 1980s, but I also collect basically any other gadget from the era including VCRs, toasters, desk fans, computers and the like. I'm 19 now and have an entire room (or 2) filled with the stuff.
That said, I really know nothing about the electronics themselves which is a pretty bad combo for someone who collects them. I just look at a schematic and my brain shuts off. I'm good at the cosmetic restoration but that's it.
My main console television is a 25" 1977 RCA colortrak console set rebadged for JCpenny. I was using it and heard a loud pop from the back (yikes) and now the picture is all messed up. It's much brighter for some reason but the convergence is all out of alignment, with the white of the static now much more bluish. Before this the picture was very good but pulled slightly to the top right.
Before you try to say for me to try and fix it myself, there is no way I'm working on this. It's just way to complicated and every time I try to fix things they generally just get worse. That said I need to find someone who can fix it. I live in Delaware and have no idea where I'd get something like this fixed. I've called around to every electronics repair shop and they say nobody works on them anymore, but I know that's not true. If anyone knows a place near Delaware that does vintage television repairs please let me know. I have a bunch of other stuff that needs fixing too and I know for a fact I'd just make everything worse.

Thanks-
Aidan