Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2022, 03:12 PM
VideoKarma Member

Heathkit GR-2000 Sold State Color TV

Another TV I recently added to my collection this summer. It is a Heathkit GR-2000 solid state color TV. I picked this tv up for free from a home that was being cleaned out. From what research I have done on this tv. This tv was sold as a kit for people to build starting in 1973 until at least 1976. My particular tv was already built by the previous owner in the early 1980s according to his daughter. The tv parts are all dated at various months in 1976 so it was likely that this tv kit was not built until a few years after purchase.

It appears to be a low hour set. All caps tested good using my Capacitor wizard. I recapped some anyways since I had extra low voltage ones and that went well. The issue with this tv appears minor and related to loose cold solder joints where the coaxial and antenna hookups go on the back of the tv. It may possibly also need some adjustments to the convergence.

TV is very advanced for its age. All transistorized including the HV stuff. TV has LOTS of IC chips, digital channel display and a clock board to show the time! TV is in great shape aside from a few scuffs on the handmade wooden cabinet which has metal roller caster wheels on it.

I knew of Heathkit but never knew they offered TV kits. I am very impressed by the design and the ease of which I can service the boards if need be.

CRT appears to be fine when turned on. Will post more updates as I work on it.

https://imgur.com/a/JLTZlPO