Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-14-2013, 08:59 PM
wa2ise's Avatar
wa2ise wa2ise is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 3,147
Removed trojan from my web site

I, and a number of others, were getting warnings when trying to access my web site http://www.wa2ise.com/ for the last couple of weeks. I FTPed to my web host, and according to the dates at the ftp site, something happened to all my html files on Jan 20, 2013 around 9PM. I copied the index.html file to my 1st computer (I have MacFee SW on it), it reports that it found, then removed a Trojan embedded in this file. As a test, I copied this cleansed file back to the web host, and tried on my 2nd computer (running Norton) to look at my web site. It used to be rejected, now it loads as normal.
Then I did the rest of the html files, and when I copied the various html files to my computer, McAfee says it found a trojan in each file, and removed it from each file for me. I then copied these "cleansed" files back to the web site via ftp, and my 2nd computer, which used to deny access to my web page, now doesn't get upset, and it now loads as normal.

So give my web site another try. Looks like the trojan is gone, I hope...

According to the MacAfee logs, it was JS/Exploit-Blacole.gc
__________________

Last edited by wa2ise; 02-18-2013 at 09:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:53 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.