![]() |
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
1939 sets in "Radio Today" magazine
Came across a feature article showcasing the new 1939-model sets, which I thought would be of interest:
http://aliquippa.tumblr.com/post/466...om-radio-today Am I correct in assuming that at least a few of these were never sold, or perhaps not even actually built? Jeff Martin Chicago, IL |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Thanks for that great link. Actually most of those sets were produced and sold to the public. The only ones that I have not ever seen existing example of are the very European looking American Television console (top right) and swivel-tube console at the bottom, and the lift-top Garod console at the bottom also. The most common (about 75 known) is the RCA TRK-12/120 mirror-in-the-lid console, all the others are extremely rare often with one or two reported existing. All are $8,000-10,000+ sets today.
Last edited by decojoe67; 03-29-2013 at 01:32 PM. |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Here are all the prewar sets that were made in the U.S. and around the world:
http://www.earlytelevision.org/prewar_gallery.html |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
| Audiokarma |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
|
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
I would love to have it in the museum's collection. Maybe someday.
|
![]() |
|
|