Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 06-12-2005, 01:12 AM
rca2000's Avatar
rca2000 rca2000 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: cincinnati,ohio
Posts: 2,090
Nice Zenith '61 model acquired.

just got this 1961 model Zenith 16h27 "portable". As is typical, it is built with 'boilerplate" construction, including a full power tranny, heavy metal chassis, and so on. Also, as is typical, the CRT is in perfect shape. Sadly, this is NOT a remote set.

After I first turned the set on, I smelled a slight burning smell, and started to thik that the fly was on the way out, even though HV, width, etc were all good. So, I opened up the cage, and I could not believe it!! The cap for the rectifier tube was lying NEXT to the plate cap, and evidently, had been arcing to it, to provide the HV. Now, with the cap in place, no more burn smell- just the good ol' "old tv" smell, that we all love.

(BTW-- this picture was taken BEFORE I discovered the plate cap was hanging loose.)
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:40 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.