Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-11-2006, 11:28 AM
Eric H's Avatar
Eric H Eric H is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: So. Calif
Posts: 11,565
21-CT-55 CTC2B on eBay

Problem is it's part of a truckload of sets!

If anyone buys this it'll probably be a Radio collector so you might be able to make a deal on the TV

http://cgi.ebay.com/SEMI-TRAILER-LOA...QQcmdZViewItem
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ph30s.jpg (27.2 KB, 39 views)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-11-2006, 11:36 AM
Eric H's Avatar
Eric H Eric H is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: So. Calif
Posts: 11,565
P.S. there's also a 60's Zenith Space Command in there but I don't suppose anyone here's interested in those...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-11-2006, 11:39 AM
kx250rider's Avatar
kx250rider kx250rider is offline
REAL TVs have TUBES!
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles & Dallas
Posts: 3,239
Phooey on the TVs & radios; I want that CLEAN '77 Eldorado Biarritz!!!!!! (and the 21CT55 would be OK too)

Charles
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-11-2006, 12:25 PM
bgadow's Avatar
bgadow bgadow is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Federalsburg, MD
Posts: 5,865
Man, there is some handsome stuff in that trailer. But it's gonna take a special kinda person to take it all. I'm a sucker for prewar console radios but already have a lifetime supply. Now fellas, imagine happening across a trailer full like this in your travels, an old cardboard sign stating "$10 each, take one or all". Okay, enough of me imagining...
__________________
Bryan
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-11-2006, 12:48 PM
polaraman's Avatar
polaraman polaraman is offline
<--1956 300B
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Cayce , South Carolina
Posts: 1,063
Maybe you could sell the radios to pay for the televisions!!!!!

polaraman
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #6  
Old 08-11-2006, 03:27 PM
Steve D.'s Avatar
Steve D. Steve D. is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hollywood Hills, Ca.
Posts: 1,792
I guess the winning bidder will have to bring his own tractor-trailer to haul that load away. Super find for a radio collector. For us TV types, that 21CT55, the first 21" roundie, is more rare then the CT-100.

-Steve D.
__________________
Please visit my CT-100, CTC-5, vintage color tv site:
http://www.wtv-zone.com/Stevetek/
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-12-2006, 07:40 AM
WA3WLJ's Avatar
WA3WLJ WA3WLJ is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Radford , VA ; Work Various
Posts: 133
I'll bid and we can sell all the radios together.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-12-2006, 07:43 AM
WA3WLJ's Avatar
WA3WLJ WA3WLJ is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Radford , VA ; Work Various
Posts: 133
I have a friend with a CDL ,so we can drive the radios all over the country
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-12-2006, 11:14 AM
El Predicta El Predicta is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 224
It looks like the escutcheon-or whatever it's called-around the front of the CRT of the 21CT55 may be damaged? I'm pretty sure I have a good one.

Larry
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-12-2006, 12:14 PM
kx250rider's Avatar
kx250rider kx250rider is offline
REAL TVs have TUBES!
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles & Dallas
Posts: 3,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Predicta
It looks like the escutcheon-or whatever it's called-around the front of the CRT of the 21CT55 may be damaged? I'm pretty sure I have a good one.

Larry
No worries... It's just the RCA foam rubber that turned into heavy black greasy goo. It comes off with paint thinner, but you might have to repaint the plastic CRT bezel depending on how bad it is.

Charles
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #11  
Old 08-12-2006, 12:28 PM
oldtvman's Avatar
oldtvman oldtvman is offline
Larry Melton (oldtvman)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Mishawaka, Indiana
Posts: 786
80 miles

Muskegon is about 80 to 85 miles from the south bend area, but I don't have room for a semi trailer full of stuff
__________________
[IMG]
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-12-2006, 04:29 PM
WA3WLJ's Avatar
WA3WLJ WA3WLJ is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Radford , VA ; Work Various
Posts: 133
"Living Color" before it dies?

I guess what I'm looking for is a chance to view "Living Color" before NTSC dies. I'm 45 years old and all I've ever viewed are the all too "Reds" of Sony
and the sickly "Greens" of the others. The CTC100 was designed for NTSC and the picture tube problems get in the way of owning a machine that was made for NTSC. Which Brand and Model give the true experience of David Sarnoff's invention? Which picture displays the best of NTSC before the manufactures decided to bring out cheaper and cheaper models to try to lower the price enough to increase sales?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-12-2006, 08:58 PM
Steve D.'s Avatar
Steve D. Steve D. is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hollywood Hills, Ca.
Posts: 1,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by WA3WLJ
I guess what I'm looking for is a chance to view "Living Color" before NTSC dies. I'm 45 years old and all I've ever viewed are the all too "Reds" of Sony
and the sickly "Greens" of the others. The CTC100 was designed for NTSC and the picture tube problems get in the way of owning a machine that was made for NTSC. Which Brand and Model give the true experience of David Sarnoff's invention? Which picture displays the best of NTSC before the manufactures decided to bring out cheaper and cheaper models to try to lower the price enough to increase sales?
WA3WLJ,
I'm not sure where you're located, but
you're only 45 years old. I'll bet sometime down the line you can visit the ETF Museum in Hilliard, Ohio, near Columbus. With some notice, Steve McVoy will be happy to turn on and let you view a CT-100 or any of the other working 15GP22 equipped sets he has on display.

Early Television Foundation
Address:http://www.earlytelevision.org/

-Steve D.
__________________
Please visit my CT-100, CTC-5, vintage color tv site:
http://www.wtv-zone.com/Stevetek/
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-13-2006, 01:23 AM
kx250rider's Avatar
kx250rider kx250rider is offline
REAL TVs have TUBES!
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles & Dallas
Posts: 3,239
The only other full-bandwidth color set that I know of is an early 80s RCA (CTC-120?)... Colortel knows which one it is. But that has the new phosphors, so it still won't quite be as nice as a CT-100 or 21CT55.

As for which sets have the early type phosphor, all 15GP22 sets, all roundies with the metal 21AXP22 or the twin-anode 21CYP22. And one NEC 25" tube had it, but it was only in some countries due to environmental laws. I had one from the Philippines, but I don't think the US ever saw one sold new.

Charles
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-14-2006, 02:45 PM
old_tv_nut's Avatar
old_tv_nut old_tv_nut is offline
See yourself on Color TV!
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Rancho Sahuarita
Posts: 7,793
If you have a 15GP22 and a 21-inch side by side, you can easily see if the green phosphors are the same. Put on color bars and turn up the color level (and maybe turn down the brightness) so there is absolutely no red or blue in the green. Or, disable the red and blue guns Try to get both about the same brightness to make it easier. The non-P1 (sulfide) green phosphor will look yellower than the original P1 green.

Another clue (but harder to see) is that the P1 green persistence is longer than the sulfide green, and if you know how to run your eyes quickly over a white object on a dark background, you will see a green smear on the original P1, more than on a sulfide tube. Another way to see this is to stand far away (like 40 feet) from the two sets while they show a black and white picture and run your eyes rapidly left and right. Inthis case, the whole screen is the "white object". Another way to see a difference in persistence is to spread your fingers apart and wave your hand rapidly in front of an all-white screen, looking for color fringes.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:35 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.