![]() |
|
|
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
my very first vintage TV!!
|
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
May God have mercy on yr soul...Yep, re-cap, & check resistors, if the CRT's good, it should be a doable project.
__________________
Benevolent Despot |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Hey! welcome to the TV forums! And now that you're bit by the bug, kiss any available space in the basement goodbye! It comes on slowly, one day you notice that there isn't room to breathe. LOL. BTW, I should have that Moto manual out soon, I've been pretty busy lately so please bear with me. Do like Sandy said and she should come back to life. Although these 'ol sets can be cantankerous little f*ckers from time to time.
__________________
My TV page and YouTube channel Kyocera R-661, Yamaha RX-V2200 National Panasonic SA-5800 Sansui 1000a, 1000, SAX-200, 5050, 9090DB, 881, SR-636, SC-3000, AT-20 Pioneer SX-939, ER-420, SM-B201 Motorola SK77W-2Z tube console McIntosh MC2205, C26 |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Fairchild. ---VERY--- cool find. I came up with something similar years ago, though I don't think it's a Admiral. RCA or GE maybe ?? Pic attached.
|
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
thanks Zentih, SAndy and Ohigh... I like it so much that it'll be an art object if it doesn't work... but are CRTs ever available or fixable? The rest I can handle...
Ohigh... be that a Fisher 50A that I spy thar, next to the Dynaco ST-70!! ? I LOVE that turquoise TV... my favorite color (I have a 58 DeSoto!) ... I think these cool little 50s portables might be my TV niche... I know what you mean about space, I dabble in stereo consoles a bit, the 5' long kind. Yikes!! Roger in NY |
| Audiokarma |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
If you're gonna' do TV, then the little portables might just be the way to go. They don't take up scads of room like the consoles! 58 Desoto? One of the lost marques..... And for sure Chrysler had the wild 50's look going full bore right about then. |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
My very first eBay purchase was one just like this! now it's 12 years and 100 sets later...
![]() These are really quite easy to work on, PC board construction makes recapping simple, the CRT is probably good, most of these little sets don't seem to have had as much use as their bigger cousins. I have a schematic but it's a copy already and would be difficult to copy again. The Sams Photofact# for this set is a 350-1 |
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
Congratulations! It is cute. It's strange how inanimate objects can intrigue us.
John |
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
Welcome to the addiction.
Dan |
|
#10
|
|||
|
|||
|
".... 12 years and 100 sets later." Uh oh!!!! What have I done?!! I love this thing!
|
| Audiokarma |
|
#11
|
||||
|
||||
|
Replace those Selenium rectifiers!!!!
Don't forget, you will have to add extra resistance before the first filter, or, you will blow your power supply with the new, more efficient silicon rectifers. I reccommend The 2Amp, 1KV diodes due to the surge factor. Lave seleniums there for show, but, completely disconnect them. You'll need new electrolytics as well. Welcome to insanity 101. 47 tv's later, and, three more coming? Bill Cahill
__________________
"Tubes are those little glass things that light up orange unless there is a short.. Then they light up all pretty colors..." Please join my forum. http://www.tuberadioforum.com/ |
|
#12
|
||||
|
||||
|
Bill and Eric, do you have 47 and 100 sets respectively still in your possession?
In any case, WOW! John |
|
#13
|
||||
|
||||
|
Yep.....
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() :hu ge:![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Bill Cahill
__________________
"Tubes are those little glass things that light up orange unless there is a short.. Then they light up all pretty colors..." Please join my forum. http://www.tuberadioforum.com/ |
|
#14
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
Sadly, yes at least that many, if you throw in all the 5" Chinese Jellybean sets it's way over that now.I have a list that I need to update. |
|
#15
|
|||
|
|||
|
"Replace those Selenium rectifiers!!!!" yep, I figured so, gotta do it in all the '60s Fisher and other units that have em... I kinda like the tube recitfers of the older days.
I know about Predictas, but are there small portables that are especially unique or cool worth looking for? |
| Audiokarma |
![]() |
|
|