Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #4  
Old 01-01-2014, 04:38 PM
jmetal88 jmetal88 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Derby, KS
Posts: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbattles View Post
post a picture so we can see it. 90% of troubleshooting is to see what's. its doing. you might need to do the solder grounds around the inputs if you lose a ground the signal goes crazy.
I can try to get a picture, but it's really faint, so I don't know if it will show up. It's just faint diagonal bands that crawl up towards the upper right corner of the screen, slow down, stop, reverse direction, and then crawl down toward the lower left corner of the screen. The lines themselves slope downward from left to right. I first noticed it on an S-Video source, but soon discovered it also affects the component video and RGB inputs. I haven't tried the regular composite video inputs yet to see if it affects them as well, but I'm fairly certain it would. The video, otherwise, has excellent color and geometry.

EDIT: Well, the video has excellent geometry except for the upper and lower portions of the picture being slightly more stretched out than the middle of the picture, but that isn't even noticeable unless you're looking at a vertically scrolling static image, so I'm not too interested in trying to fix that issue.

Last edited by jmetal88; 01-01-2014 at 04:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:07 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.