![]() |
|
#11
|
||||
|
||||
|
“Worse. I would rate that image quality 4 on a scale
of 0-10. It suffers from serious "peaking" (dark an light halos) , low resolution in most areas, and extreme loss of detail in low contrast areas (like her nose). “ That image was from a Direct TV source. Depending on where you read, Direct TV runs about 7 to 12 mbps. I also have Apple TV+. FlatpanelsHD editor-in-chief Rasmus Larsen has now put some numbers to the claims. Rasmus Larsen from HD forum writes that Apple TV+ shows have the highest streaming quality for 4K out of all the services on the market at the moment, and eclipses most iTunes movies in bit rates. Apple TV+ drama SEE hit highs of 41 Mbps with an average bitrate of 29 Mbps when streaming using an Apple TV 4K. Even the Snoopy cartoon recorded a 13Mbps average, which is high given it is a 2D cartoon with a relatively limited color palette. ![]() On the BluRay disc of Wizard of Oz, I was seeing 90+ Mbps. I will be retesting Wizard Of Oz on a BluRay player as viewed on the LG E8.
__________________
Last edited by etype2; 06-29-2020 at 04:49 PM. |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|