Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 03-06-2008, 10:34 AM
Pete Deksnis's Avatar
Pete Deksnis Pete Deksnis is offline
15GP22 demo @ ETF 2007
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Big Rapids, MI
Posts: 762
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdylon View Post
I live in a pit and could only get about 2-3 watchable stations via analog. Noise in the signal ans overall weak signals made most stations unwatchable

Now with the DTV tuner and a plain ol' UHF antenna I can pick up 7 stations no problem without glitches.
Good to hear a positive.

I too am quite pleased with reception performance of the Magnavox; it latched on to marginal ATSC signals far better than either of my hi-def sets w/built-in ATSC tuners. I'm wondering if there's a technical advantage when the ATSC tuner does not have to feed a decoder generating 1080i or 720p hi-def.

Pete
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:55 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.