Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #18  
Old 05-26-2008, 01:08 AM
radiotvnut's Avatar
radiotvnut radiotvnut is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Meridian, MS
Posts: 6,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_fixer View Post
I always plug my things into a switched power strip and turn the strip off when i am done watching listening etc, i've had several things which the power zip cord is decaying or has nicks in it and a zip cord can cause a fire too.

It's like I tell people, the best lightning protection is to pull the AC plug and disconnect the antenna/cable.

The only time I'll leave a vintage piece of equipment plugged in is if it has been gone over (i.e., new capacitors, good AC cord, etc). I will unplug my vintage equipment if I leave home for an extended period or if there's bad weather. I usually don't leave any vintage equipment in operation unattended. This is especially true of TV's. I've known people to go on vacation for a week or two and they would leave their modern TV's on. Even though modern TV's are newer and are supposed to be safer, I don't advise leaving them on, unattended, fot days or weeks at a time.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:52 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.