Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #4  
Old 09-02-2008, 01:13 PM
leadlike's Avatar
leadlike leadlike is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lancaster, Pa
Posts: 956
hey, that wasn't too bad! I found the major problem with the restorer's work-he soldered a B+ connection to ground, hence the burning of resistors. The power resistors that burned were replaced. All other caps were checked to verify their proper connections. I replaced all of the electrolytics as some were just way off in value (100 mfd for a 47 mfd) and replaced the remaining caps.

Powering it up, I got high voltage and a raster! However, I believe that there may be problems with the yoke, flyback or both. I get a keystoned raster that fills 50% of the screen at half bright, and as bright is turned up full, the image expands, darkens, and disappears. No video or audio signal is discernable. I did not check volts yet, but all ohms are normal per the SAMS. Swapped out the horizontal, hv rectifier and damper tubes-no change in performance.

This is where I would need AK help to proceed-where should I go from here? The raster for what it is seems very bright, so I would hope this set isn't a junker just yet....
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:57 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.