Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #7  
Old 01-30-2009, 11:03 AM
julianburke julianburke is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Knoxville, Tennessee
Posts: 649
Free? Free?? You mean like FREEEEE??? But I saw them on evilbay for $60! (Old worn out cliche that I'm sick of hearing!)

When at any meet and find goodie parts, I always pick them up. Unfortunately, parts are not good sellers anymore for the simple reason young people are not involved and complete units are far cheaper than building anything and the majority of electronics people (newer generation-not us old fogies) don't know how to build/fix/engineer stuff anymore. Loopsticks are not made anymore because they contain copper coils like transformers and are not engineered because they are "engineered out" of todays' digital circuits. However you can still find a fairly good supply of most (and other parts) at any good hamfest and they are nowhere near evilbay prices! Many are giveaway to a good home.

I can remember the time that I ordered out of Allied, Olsen, Burstein Applebee and Lafayette catalogs for parts to build test equipment and small radio gear because I could not afford $20 for a similiar unit! I can't tell you how few lawns I mowed for $3 (they were also hard to find too) to buy these parts and took care of what I had.
__________________
julian
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:09 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.