Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 01-30-2010, 01:12 PM
jeyurkon's Avatar
jeyurkon jeyurkon is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central Michigan
Posts: 1,699
Yes, it's just a 12AU7. I foolishly bought the gold plated version of the ECC-82 from AES thinking that it would be more reliable and have better controlled characteristics if I had to replace it in the future.

JJ doesn't list this version on their web site anymore, which is interesting. AES still carries it.

I'm pretty sure the light bulb effect was because of a heater-cathode short. I looked at the schematic of the Precision 10-12 and when you set it up for a particular tube the first state that it will be in is with the filament return selected and all other pins connected to filament supply. With a cathode-heater short, say in the middle of the filament, then it's like applying 6.3VAC to a 3VAC filament. The cathode that is connected to pin 3 is shorted to the heater, but there's no way I could prove that it didn't happen after the burn-out.

I'm going to check the ECC-82 that I have in the vertical section with a leakage checker first.

Thanks for the offer of the 12AU7s. I just bought four "Baldwin Sylvania" 12AU7s on ebay for less than I paid for a gold ECC-82.

John
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:23 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.