Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #19  
Old 03-30-2010, 08:21 PM
jeyurkon's Avatar
jeyurkon jeyurkon is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central Michigan
Posts: 1,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandersen View Post
I wonder if you could use an Eico 944 Yoke tester on it ? Supposedly they can detect a single short.
It would be interesting to try, but I think they'd give the same result. I took a quick look at the manual for the Eico. Both the Eico and the Sencore LC101 test the yoke by measuring the absorbed energy, though by different means, and are sensitive to a 1 turn short. The Sencore does it by forming a resonant tank circuit and pinging it. It then counts the number of oscillations to decay a certain fraction.

The problem is that with an iron wire core the Q is low and the energy absorbed is higher. The results I get with the Sencore are right at the border line. The Eico manual also indicates that you can run into this problem, and in that case you want to compare the reading with an identical yoke. The replacement yoke I have isn't identical, it has a powdered iron or ferrite core which gives you a higher Q.

If I remove the iron wire, then either unit should give me an unambiguous result since the Q should be quite high.

John
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:48 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.