Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #21  
Old 11-28-2010, 10:16 PM
Pete Deksnis's Avatar
Pete Deksnis Pete Deksnis is offline
15GP22 demo @ ETF 2007
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Big Rapids, MI
Posts: 762
Okay, getting a bit haughty here: the first color television program I saw was in the summer of 1951. Yes, a CBS color broadcast live from Monmouth Park race track in Oceanport, New Jersey. No, the color got added in my head, but knowing the out-of-sync soup on the family's 16-in. Silvertone was a color broadcast from WCAU was still a thrill. A few years ago, I met a retired CBS engineer who saw live 1951 CBS color at their studios in New York city. He said he didn't actually see that much though -- there were too many guys crowded around the monitor.

As noted before on AK, the first NTSC color I saw was in 1957. I was 17 delivering a load of groceries to a bar in West Conshohocken PA after school on a Wednesday in the spring of that year. There it was. That live hour-long play from LA that ran for a few years (Steve D will recall the name for me :-). I hung out as long as an underage kid in a bar could in 1957. The color and hue -- unlike many in those days -- were set well.

Also, I got to watch the January 1, 1958, Rose Bowl parade at a friend's house in Bethlehem PA.

Pete
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:50 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.