Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #4  
Old 04-17-2011, 11:23 PM
JCFitz JCFitz is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Willards,MD
Posts: 411
I don't think anything's wrong with the pins. They look to be in excellent shape and no corrosion. Epoxy might be a good idea on those cracks.I guess I've got nothing to lose at this point. Just don't want to make it worse in case I can't find another one since noone seems to have one so far. For some reason it mitigates the ticking sound quite a bit when I stick one of the later short base tubes(a 1G3) in than a 1B3 with the standard base.Must be because the start of the glass of the tube is sitting farther away from those cracks and closer to the socket (sitting lower) so it's got to be breaking down in the crack area. They do not appear to go all the way through. Only other thing I see is the bakelite is shiny everywhere else except the area where the lip of the hole in the chassis contacts it.

I don't think it is coming from any other area like the flyback.Some of the hard plastic tire had cracked and fallen away and I rebuilt those areas with black rtv a while back.If I run it with no rectifier I don't hear ticking just the normal corona off into the air off of the cap.I guess the only way to prove it 100% would be to put an open filament rectifier in or disable the rectifier to prove 100% it was coming from the rectified hv but seeing the cracks and hearing the slight echo like it's inside the cup and the rectifier swap I did pretty much says its those cracks in the cup.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:44 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.