Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #9  
Old 12-13-2011, 11:07 PM
Gambr1nus Gambr1nus is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Nelson View Post
A good cap source with reasonable prices is http://justradios.com/ .

Remember, you can go somewhat higher in capacitance and voltage, so, for instance, if someone doesn't have 20mfd/150v, you can use 22mfd/160v.

This model of TV is not a rare treasure, so I doubt anyone would shed tears if you install new caps whatever way is convenient, rather than restuff old cans. I restuff cans for a Veddy Veddy Special item, or if there absolutely isn't enough room for the new caps underneath. For a common, everyday set, who cares?

Phil Nelson
Phil's Old Radios
http://antiqueradio.org/index.html
Yeah I'm aware of some leeway in capacitance, but the stuff on mouser was off but 100 volts or more. And I've never felt bad about increasing the voltage spec on a cap replacement, but I've never felt comfortable reducing it. My sentiments exactly on the cans.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:51 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.