Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #20  
Old 12-14-2012, 06:04 PM
DaveWM DaveWM is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Orlando FL
Posts: 5,607
I used some very thin copper clad (both sided) material to fab up the cage. It was very easy as the material would bend sharply and you can burnish in a nice 90 degree bend. holes and cut outs are easy with some curved small scissors.

I folded in the tops about 1/2 inch and lap seamed with solder to hold its shape.

I still need to fab up a top, but will wait on that until I test it out.

cut a large round opening that puts the fan right at the side of the fly, used some silicone dabs in the corner of the fan to hold it in place, spaced up the fan just a bit from the copper (I am hoping that will keep the vibes from the fan from being amplified by the thin copper).

I will take some pics tomorrow after the silicone has a chance to setup. I only have about 1 hr total fab time into it so if it does not work its no big loss.

I will still have to make up a DC power supply, I think the filaments would be fine with a 1/2 wave and a 100uf filter cap.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:11 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.