![]() |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Not really sure, I suspect the above replies are accurate. I never really cared
![]() That one underneath you may not have room to mount other caps safely on the bottom. Might have to fire up the compressor and buzz it off with a cutoff wheel, then feed the new cap terminals through the bottom, from the top side. At least that's the way I would do it....but I don't care about making everything under the chassis look like it did 60 years ago, I just want it to work right. Everyone's got their own approach. I know the cap you're talking about, and it's probably got a phenolic base, which is really brittle and will crumble if you're too rough in trying to get it apart.
__________________
"Restoring a tube TV is like going to war. A color one is like a land war in Asia." |
|
|