Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #3  
Old 12-28-2013, 09:09 AM
davet753's Avatar
davet753 davet753 is offline
David Thomas
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 443
The mid 90's was RCA's "last hoorah" in the console market. I sold RCA sets in those days, and by 1995 they were down to a handful of console models, and in another year or so there were none. I agree with what Zeno said above, the CTC 169's were a great chassis (the ones that came after that, not so much). If I could find a NOS CTC169 console, I'd sure try to buy it

By the time I closed up shop in 1998, most of the brands I sold in the early 90's (RCA, Quasar, Magnavox/Crosley) had completely phased out console models. Zenith was about the only line I sold that kept on producing console models in any number. After 1990, Zenith has the biggest line-up of consoles on the market; far outnumbering any of their competitors.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:28 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.