Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #5  
Old 04-21-2014, 07:35 PM
powerking powerking is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: New Hampshire, U.S.A.
Posts: 126
Quote:

"Yes you can get most maybe even all of the caps, I did that with a solder "gun" with a bent tip to get to some of the hard to get ones.

having done it both ways I would say IMHO its better to release the board, its just easier and less stressful on the pcb (I did not have the best control with the bent tip aproach, ended up doing some minor damage from lifted traces)."

This is one more reason I am a proponent of vacuum desoldering stations/hand-held units like the Hakko 808 over solder wick/with burned finger tips using that stuff....




Tom (PK)
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.