Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #14  
Old 05-23-2014, 02:35 PM
maxhifi's Avatar
maxhifi maxhifi is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,871
Thank you for all of the advice! Since the picture tube is what it is, I decided I may as well just make this TV as good as it can be. The picture is not ideal but it's more than acceptable for my needs, and as you say, learning is good. I just put in an order for a full complement of Panasonic film capacitors, at digi-key, to replace all the white ones (if I am going to replace three of them, it's not a lot more effort to change them all), and some new electrolytic capacitors to replace the can. In the mean while I will test all the tubes, and see what I can do about replacing the weak ones.

I don't really expect new capacitors to make the TV perfect, but they sure won't make it worse and then I can begin troubleshooting without knowing there's probably a bunch of bad parts in there. I don't own a capacitor tester so that's not really an option.

Tom: I already cleaned all the controls and the tuner, that's more or less the first thing I do with old electronics.

Last edited by maxhifi; 05-23-2014 at 02:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:16 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.