Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Diagnostic & Test Equipment

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #3  
Old 06-11-2014, 02:40 PM
dieseljeep dieseljeep is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiotvnut View Post
If all you wish to do is test '40's through early '70's CRT's, something like a B&K 465, an older Heathkit, Sencore, or RCA will work for you.

If you want something that will test most any CRT from the '40's until the present, get one of the newer B&K's (467 or higher model), or a Sencore CR70. These newer models also have a better rejuvenate function that will stand a better chance of helping the CRT, instead of torching it.

Beltron is another well regarded tester for rejuvenation; but, I'm not sure if adapters are available for the newer inline CRT's.
I see a lot of you guys like the Sencore CR70. I picked up a Sencore, Big Mack CR158???. The main reason I bought it is, it has all the sockets for all the CRT's common at the time, including the all important Ge Porta-Color sockets.
I bought an old Precision CRT tester, from the early 50's. It'll even test 7JP4's.
Test only, no rejuvenation.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:40 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.