![]() |
|
#19
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
In Canada, the rules must be slightly different. Station CKLW in Windsor, Ontario has been the only full-time station on 800 kHz as long as I can remember, although there were a number of daytimers on the frequency which had to leave the air at sunset due to the Canadian station's seniority. I don't know how long CKLW has been on the air, but my best guess is at least 60-70 years. I live within one mile of the south shore of Lake Erie and can hear CKLW just fine, any hour of the day or night. When I was growing up in suburban Cleveland, the station also boomed in as well as any local station; CKLW was a music station at that time (late '60s-'70s). They did away with the music format some years ago, replacing it with talk, including at least one American talk host--I don't recall which one.
__________________
Jeff, WB8NHV Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002 Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten. |
|
|