Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 06-10-2015, 09:37 PM
Phil Nelson's Avatar
Phil Nelson Phil Nelson is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_coot88 View Post
see if you can locate the mixer plate adjustment. It may be a slug or a trimmer.
The schematic shows trimmers and adjustable coils connected to pin3 of the 6X8 oscillator/mixer:



Some (maybe all) of those three trimmers may be accessible through holes in the tuner cage. I haven't found a diagram that shows all of that clearly. The Sams schematic does not show the adjustable coils (L42, L56)at all, and my photos of the tuner taken while cleaning don't show the internals clearly enough to guess whether they exist in my set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username1
Take off the rca plug from the tuner into the if strip, parallel it to feed both sets
I was ready to run out and try this, when I remembered that the CTC-11 cable unplugs, but the CTC-4 cable is soldered on. I'm debating whether I want to unsolder it yet another time. It has already come off twice -- once for cleaning the tuner and again to lubricate the fine tuner when it got sticky.

Phil Nelson
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:06 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.