Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Flat Panels & Digital Format

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #5  
Old 02-03-2016, 01:25 PM
Captainclock Captainclock is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Elkhart, Indiana
Posts: 1,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIPS View Post
No, it's a known problem with LCD panels. When the caps aren't of questionable quality they cook themselves to death.
Well I know that with most of the LCD Monitors and TVs I've dealt with that had bad power supply caps in them used CapXon Capacitors which are cheap Chinese capacitors and then when I replace them with a known good quality capacitor like Nichicons they last quite a while. I think it just has to do with the fact that they were just using el cheapo poor quality capacitors in the power supplies on these LCD monitors and TVs which is why they fail like they do.

Last edited by Captainclock; 02-05-2016 at 01:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:01 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.