Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Transistor Portable Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #7  
Old 07-16-2017, 07:55 PM
Sandy G's Avatar
Sandy G Sandy G is offline
Spiteful Old Cuss
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Rogersville, Tennessee
Posts: 9,571
I've had quite a few of 'em thru the years, I get the feeling that a LOT of 'em-Maybe Most are low time sets. My 990 is a rather "Substantial" little critter. I dunno what they sold for new-I honestly don't remember ever seeing one for sale. They had that mysterious quality of being "Cute" which I'm sure sold a few of 'em. The 1st REALLY successful Sony, the 5-303 had the same sort of quality. Elderly women, especially the "well-Heeled" variety, prolly bought a BUNCH of 'em, & the idiot grandson/.nephew had to Put Forth a reasonable effort to kill one.
__________________
Benevolent Despot
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.