Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Recorded Video

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #31  
Old 04-19-2022, 05:44 PM
technoman9's Avatar
technoman9 technoman9 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 68
Did that last night, no dice. There is a small divot worn into the carbon brush and the drum part is not rotating on center, but no amount of pushing, pulling, or repositioning this brush makes any difference in the white streaks.

I was thinking about this last night, trying to map what I see on screen to the signal coming out of the VCR. I know VCRs record video as diagonal stripes on the tape, alternating between two heads. The question is, what is recorded within one stripe? Is it a complete set of 262.5 horizontal lines worth of information (aka, a field)? Since the head swipes from bottom to top of the tape, is the bottom of the swipe the beginning of a field? I wondered if it was dirt on the tape path but I'm not seeing any, nor any tape path issues during playback.

Last edited by technoman9; 04-19-2022 at 05:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.