Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Recorded Video

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #21  
Old 01-17-2023, 11:02 PM
DVtyro DVtyro is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2022
Posts: 182
Um, sort of. I think I understood that the whole spectrum would move, but I did not understand how a TV set would know that the frequencies that moved to a different location represent the same image. I suppose, the TV set "measures" it relative to the mid frequency and it can detect this mid frequency automatically, just like a wow & flutter tester can, if you have two sidebands, just measure the full difference from left sideband to right sideband and divide by half. But the right sideband is cut off, so I am not sure how this works.



Anyway, I think I know enough to be able to read the charts and to make some conclusions, like you can have the most detail at the brightness close to the max, and without color it would be even higher.

BTW, I've heard that analog TV signal used to have a "flag" that indicated a program as color or B&W. Was it widely used? If a VCR was connected to HF antenna cable, it was able to receive this flag. Did VCRs act upon it? Did they omit recording chrominance? Is this flag sent over composite/SVideo?
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:48 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.