Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #38  
Old 09-21-2024, 01:38 AM
ARC Tech-109 ARC Tech-109 is offline
Retired Batwings Tech
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 611
Progress update. Had a weird and uncommon failure in the 3.58 osc section, the xtal tuning coil literally shorted out. The little dab of wax used to hold the wires across the coil form dissolved the enamel and shorted the windings killing the color and giving me a good week of headaches chasing this one down. At first it was lost color sync then a fade to gray, it acted like the color killer was coming on so that's where I focused until I looked at pin-7 of the 6HS5 and found chroma and the osc, when I bumped the tuning coil the color flashed and that's when I looked closer and found the wax flaking with some green enamel missing.
My fix was using some fine wire from a small audio transformer and winding a new coil, once I had it on frequency it was dabbed with a touch of Testors model adhesive. Not a common repair for sure but my odds of finding another coil is around zero.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:20 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.