![]() |
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
Thank you for the reply. I checked all the resistors from V2C down into the vertical oscillator and output stages (R170, R171, and R201-R215), and everything other than R209 looks good. That's the variable resistor which controls vertical linearity. The manual says it's a 2MΩ part, but mine peaks around 500kΩ. The image does exhibit non-linearity (the top of the image is compressed), but since this is a very cheap set and I haven't worked on a similar one, I'm not sure if that's a symptom of my problem, or just how these models are. The vertical hold, linearity, and size pots all seems to influence each other -- if I increase the size or change the linearity, the speed of the image roll changes. I used some contact cleaner on the pots, and R209 improved, going up to around 1MΩ. Unfortunately, this made the overall problem worse -- the roll is much faster, and while I could get it to roll slow enough to show a clear image, I no longer can. Not sure what to make of that. This does at least track with my feeling of things being age-related. This set sat in a warehouse in Vancoucer, BC for decades, and while it looks very clean, I'm not surprised that some stuff may have oxidized. I checked the caps in that area, and they don't seem to be short, at least. I'll put together a parts order with what I need and hope that helps. Quote:
The schematic for this set seems to call the separator a "sync clipper" -- is that what they call the sync separator? Last edited by ieure; 09-27-2024 at 10:31 PM. |
|
|