Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #22  
Old 04-30-2026, 01:26 PM
bigboss80's Avatar
bigboss80 bigboss80 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: Italia/ Sardegna
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by vol.2 View Post
I am not good enough to figure it out from the symptoms you previously described, but I feel pretty confidant that, if it's not a CRT problem, that you have a power regulation issue.

If the image suddenly get darker like that, then I would assume your power supply is getting swamped.

I think your best hope here is for one of the other more experienced guys to chime in and offer a suggestion. You might want to keep your comment focused on this information.

If anything, I would run more tests with on-screen information and document the conditions under which you see the "correct" brightness and when you don't. Maybe even a little video you can post somewhere and make a link to, showing how you are able to achieve the proper brightness under those conditions, and when it starts to fail. That would give people a better idea about what is happening, and they might see something that tips them off that you wouldn't recognize.
I tried to make a video but you can't understand anything from a film, the only thing you can understand is by looking at those photos that I uploaded to Google Drive where you can see the difference between the two TVs, you can clearly see that the Sony has contrast problems, in fact measuring on pin 19 with the contrast at maximum I measure 2.6 volts, instead there should be 3.7 v as the service manual says.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...jgWwl3hniQjBD0
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:27 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.