Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 04-26-2005, 02:35 PM
BeerCan's Avatar
BeerCan BeerCan is offline
Tá mé ar meisce.
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Riverview FLA
Posts: 7
Vintage Radio Advice

I just came from the brother of a business friend. He is selling his radio collection and I was wondering if I should buy some.

First let me say I know little about radios, but I would love to get into restoring them.

He literally had a house full of old radios. Desktops, floorstanders etc etc. There must have been a 100. I am going back staurday to "pick" the ones I want. What I am doing in the meantime is trying to research what I should "pick".

So tell me what should I be on the lookout for? These range in age from the 20's to the 50's and are in varing degrees of completedness. He said he hardly ever powers them up and estimates about 50% will work right away. Some don't have batteries so I can't test those and the otheres I would be hesitant to just plug them in given their history.

Any tips, tricks and or advice for a beginer collector/restorer?

Thanks
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:36 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.