Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 08-15-2005, 12:05 PM
meestro
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Help diagnosing Motorola Quasar/WU821FS

Hello Guys,

Great forum here! I just picked up this old Motorola Quasar model # WU821FS

The audio comes through great, but the picture is nothing but snow, and occationally a black bar on the bottom warbles it's way through with a thin green line above.

I'm really a novice with old tv's(this is my first purchase, got it cheap). I'm wondering if you all could get some sort of feel of what the issue might be by taking a look at the pic w/ the set turned on.

Thanks to Dave at JustRadios, I was directed to a schematic over at Sam's. I'll be getting one of these for any future servicing needs.

It appears that the last time this television was serviced was 1982 w/ a 2 year picture tube warranty. I am the 3rd owner, but the 2nd owner received it after moving into the house (1st owner left it there), and had it stored away from the get go.

Thanks for any help!
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:06 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.