![]() |
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Has anyone heard of this?
Currently, I am up at my log cabin in the woods. Today I had a central a/c guy come over to see about replacing the 23 year old central unit. DAMN... gonna be at least 3 grand! Anyway... on to the subject... As he was looking around at a few of the sets I have up here, he started telling me of an old radio/phonograph at his sister's house that sounds like it's from perhaps 1940. He thinks it's a Zenith. The description he gave me sounded like a typical Zenith console of the time. Here's the interesting part... the phonograph section has a motorized drawer that opens and closes at the touch of a button! He says the motorized drawer still works, but the switch sometimes needs to be worked back and forth to get it going. As far as the radio and phono itself, they do not work. Has anyone here heard of a motorized drawer on a Zenith console?
The guy told me his sister is wanting to get rid of it, but he's been on her to save it cause he doesn't want to see it go in the trash. He told me next time he goes to visit her, he's gonna bring it back in his truck and give it to me to have. After seeing a few of my sets here, he figured it would be in good hands. I suppose it would be a good idea to hire him out of the stack of bids I got for replacing my central a/c. If this set really is what he described it to be, sounds like it would be quite a find!
__________________
Charlie Trahan He who dies with the most toys still dies. |
|
|