Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 09-07-2005, 11:00 PM
Duffinator's Avatar
Duffinator Duffinator is offline
Lost in the Supermarket
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: ROCKville, CA
Posts: 115
1955 Fisher Custom Electra

Below are pictures of my Fisher Custom Electra "The Normandy" model NK-14 with the fruitwood finish. My grandfather purchased this for my grandmother on December 15, 1955 from Birkel-Richardson Co in Los Angeles. I have the original delivery invoice but not the receipt. My grandmother claims it cost $1,000 which was a lot of cash back then. I have the original brochure, operating instructions, operating instructions for the phonograph, and a couple of misc. documents to go with it. I also have an original color brochure for the Coronet Model. It still works although I haven't powered it up in three years. It has a massive 15" woofer and a cool looking fish eye tuning lamp for the tuner.

Does anybody have any information on this unit? Did it really cost that much back then? Any idea what it's worth today? I'm keeping the unit but just curious.

When we moved my grandmother into senior living five years ago I though of gutting it and making it a CD/DVD storage unit. The cabinet is in almost new condition and is a beautiful piece of furniture. But once I got it home the audio enthusiast in me took over and I decided to keep in together. Anybody else got one of these?

Last edited by Duffinator; 09-07-2005 at 11:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.