Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 08-08-2006, 12:08 AM
John Folsom's Avatar
John Folsom John Folsom is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Melbourne Florida
Posts: 932
1954 Sears Color Set

Yes indeed, Sears (Silvertone) did field a 15" set in 1954. I do not know how many of these sets were made, but this set and the spare set of chassis I have were production sets. I also do not know if the sets were sold to the public, or just for display in the stores.

The set is a unique design, not a CT100 "clone". The small chassis on the side of the cabinet is the color processing circuitry, and the main power supply (not pictured) is a separate chassis mounted below the main chassis at the bottom of the cabinet. All the static and dynamic convergence controls are accessible from the front of the set, which makes it handy for set-up.

The set perform pretty well, though the hue control has a very limited range. I don't think Sears fielded another color set until the 1960s. I contacted the corporate historian at Sears about the set, and they were clueless.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SILERTONE_1.JPG (51.7 KB, 107 views)
File Type: jpg OPERATION_2.JPG (29.0 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg MAIN_CHASSIS_1.JPG (32.1 KB, 115 views)
__________________
John Folsom
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:10 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.