Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-15-2007, 12:31 PM
bgadow's Avatar
bgadow bgadow is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Federalsburg, MD
Posts: 5,865
I once had a rectangular color Philco console from about 68 or 69. I always kick myself for letting it go. It did have a very nice picture. The only other Philco-Ford color set I ever saw around here was a solid state console from the end of the Ford era. It belonged to some friends of ours and never impressed me at all. The picture always seemed to be too dark & muddy.

Don, great to hear the history, as always! I have seen Sylvania built Philco crts in several sets; others lacked an EIA number to check it by. Recently I found a dud Philco RE21FJP22 with the Philco EIA, which clued me in. I used to have a list of everyone who was building color picture tubes in the US (c.1970) but darned if I can find it now. I think there were about 7 or 9 companies.
__________________
Bryan
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:36 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.