Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-16-2004, 09:47 PM
Charlie's Avatar
Charlie Charlie is offline
On Land
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Warren, TX
Posts: 2,582
50's Truetone Roundie

Today, I was looking for a schematic on an AM radio, and stumbled across a Sams for this television. It's a Truetone color set from the late 50's (sams 382-3 Dec. 1957). I do not recall seeing one like this on any of the various TV sites. I thought it was kinda interesting because of the brand. It isn't one of the typical major brands of color television that we are used to seeing.

This set uses a 27 tube verticle "donut" chassis surrounding the neck of the 21AXP22. It uses selenium rectifiers for B+. Audio goes out two 6 x 9 speakers. It does not appear that an optional UHF tuner could be installed.

One thing in the schematic I found to be odd... the power transformer suppies all of the tubes their heaters except for one... the 6AN8 AGC tube has it's own 6.3 volt transformer. I couldn't find any other tubes other than that one using that transformer. I might have missed something, but that's the way it looks.
__________________
Charlie Trahan


He who dies with the most toys still dies.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.