Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-28-2007, 05:31 PM
Adam's Avatar
Adam Adam is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 2,383
Nice set. The sams is 757-4, that puts it in '65 (or maybe '64). I've always liked the way those diagonally spaced tuners looked. Zenith roundies are somewhat rare around here, I've never found one myself. As far as the color, I'm stumped, I'm dealing with a similar problem on a Philco right now.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-28-2007, 09:48 PM
captainmoody's Avatar
captainmoody captainmoody is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Roseville, MI
Posts: 1,052
If you need some help, I can assist you on that Zenith. I live in the 12mi/Ryan area and am not far from you.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-29-2007, 01:33 PM
compucat's Avatar
compucat compucat is offline
1949 Motorola 9VT1
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Suffolk, VA
Posts: 970
Nice set. I'm in the process of restoring one very similar to that right now. As far as the color goes. I would first check the color tubes i.e. chroma amp, burst amp, demodulators, etc. Zeniths are quite robust. If it works otherwise, you may just need a few tubes. Keep us informed with lots of pics. I'd love to see the inside of that set.
__________________
Just look at those channels whiz on by. - Fred Sanford
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-29-2007, 02:04 PM
drh4683's Avatar
drh4683 drh4683 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,094
very nice. 25MC33 chassis is a 1965 production run. Looks very clean and well cared for. Check the 6JU8, better yet, just replace it. Check the color killer adjustment. Should be an easy fix.
__________________
I tolerate the present by living in the past...
To see drh4683's photo page, click here
To see drh4683's youtube page, click here
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-30-2007, 02:49 PM
Carmine's Avatar
Carmine Carmine is offline
...enjoys spaghetti.
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 1,612
Hey BigOlds... Did you see this post?

http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=100995

I have the exact same set, 'cept I had to drive to Toledo!

As to that color issue, it could be something simple as suggested, but I had another color Zenith that I has a helluva time getting color on... In any event, rest assured it is a color set... use my pics to remind you, lol.

Looks like yours has the original picture tube, because the greenish screen matches the tube surround. Mine has a rebuilt tube that's more blue/grey.
__________________
From Captain Video, 1/4/2007
"It seems that Italian people are very prone to preserve antique stuff."
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:01 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.